KARACHI – A Refresher Course In Pulmonology (CME Seminar) will be conducted at Baqai University Hospital by Department of Pulmonology under the supervision of Dr S. Zafaryab Hussain, HoD Chest Medicine Baqai University Hospital, on 12th and19th September, 2015.
On both days the seminar will start at 9am sharp, on 12th of September. The first lecture will be on Obstructive Sleep Apnea by Dr Saifullah Beg, Assistant Professor (Pulmonolgy), Dow University. While on 19th September, the first lecture will be on Beyond Pneumonia by Dr Sohail Akhtar, Professor (Medicine), Ziauddin University. On both days, following lectures will be conducted:
12th September 2015.
Interstitial Lung Diseases by Dr Mosavir, Ex. Head of Pulmonology Department, Liaquat National Hospital.
- Thoracic Surgeon and Chest Diseases by Dr Niaz Soomro, Associate Professor (Chest Surgery), DUHS.
- Is Chest X-ray still useful? By Dr Waseem Memon, Asst. Professor (Radiology), Ziauddin University.
- Is it easy to Diagnose TB? By Dr Afia Zafar, Associate Professor (Pathology), AKUH.
- How to treat TB by Family Physician? By Dr Shahina Qayum, Project Manager ppm, BC Foundation.
- Interactive cases presentation by Dr Ali Zuberi, Associate Professor (Pulmonolgy), AKUH.
19th September 2015.
Lung Cancer: What to do? Dr Nisar A Rao, Associate Professor (Pulmonolgy), DUHS.
- Management of Bronchial Asthma and COPD: How to manage? By Dr M. Irfan, Associate Professor (Pulmonolgy), AKUH.
- Role of CAT and MRI in Pulmonolgy by Dr S. Mubarak Ali, Associate Professor (Radiology), K.M.D.C.
- Fluid in Pleural Cavity by Dr Zafaryab Hussain, (Chest Medicine), Baqai University.
MDR TB: What to be done by GP? by Dr Naseem Salahuddin, (Infectious Diseases Physician), Indus Hospital.