KARACHI- One more patient of brain-eating amoeba, also called naegleria fowleri, died in a private hospital of the city last Friday.
However, Sindh health department officials could not confirm whether the patient was suffering from the disease.
Sources in the private hospital said that a 37-year-old Farooq Mir, a resident of Clifton, died of naegleria fowleri in their hospital. He was brought to the hospital four days ago and died last Friday.
Earlier, an 18-year-old girl, a resident of Gulistan-e-Jauhar, was admitted in a private hospital of the city with naegleria fowleri symptoms and she died during treatment last month.