KARACHI- A new-born baby admits in National Institute of Child Health (NICH) died due to accidental fire occurred recently.
Director NICH, Prof Dr Jamal Raza confirmed the incident and said that incubator caught fire in Surgical Ward suited in second floor. He said new born baby girl, daughter of Iqra, died after serious burn injuries in fire incident.
Prof Dr Jamal said that an inquiry had been launched to probe the fire incident and stern action would be taken, if found involved of slackness.
It is pertinent to mention here that this was third fire incident reported in three major hospitals of Karachi including National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases (NICVD), Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre(JPMC) and NICH.
Sindh Health Department had constituted four-members inquiry committee to probe fire incident occurred in NICH. The committee comprised of Chairman, Special Secretary Health Admin, Mr Hafeezullah Abbasi, Secretary Health Department, Sindh, Dr Sikandar Memon, Dr Zulfiqar and Dr Rubina Bashir.
The committee would submit its report to health department in three-days.