KARACHI- The fire that broke out a couple of days back in a store of Civil Hospital Karachi’s (CHK) Surgical ICU had created panic among patients and staff.
The fire, however, caused no loss of life or property as the hospital’s employees extinguished the raging flames quickly.
As soon as the fire broke out in the Surgical ICU of the CHK, patients admitted there were immediately shifted to other wards for their safety.
Initial reports confirmed that fire broke out due to short-circuit.
Taking strong notice of the fire incident, Sindh Health Minister Jam Mehtab Hussain Dahar has set up a committee to investigate the matter. The committee is headed by Special Secretary Health Raiz Memon.
Meanwhile, the minister has exhorted the officials of CHK administration department to take foolproof measures to avoid such incidents in future.